How to Hang Prepasted Wallpaper
How to Hang Prepasted Wallpaper
By Momi on January 26, 2023
Looking to beautify your walls but need help figuring out where to start? Installing prepasted wallpaper can be a great way to give your room an instant makeover without the need for expensive tools or time-consuming labour. In this article by Wallpaper Land, we’ll look at how you can easily hang prepasted wallpaper in your home.
What is Prepasted Wallpaper?
Do you know what Prepasted wallpaper is? It is a type of wallpaper that has an adhesive and you can easily paste it after using water spray on it. So all you need to do is apply water to the back of the wallpaper, and it will stick to your wall. Prepasted wallpaper is a great option if you’re looking for an easy way to hang wallpaper.
Different Types of Prepasted Wallpaper
You should remember that there are two types of prepasted wallpaper: vinyl and fabric. Vinyl wallpaper is the most common type you’ll find at your local home improvement store, and it’s made from a plastic material and has a glossy finish. Fabric wallpaper is made from, you guessed it, fabric! It’s often found in high-end home decors or in commercial spaces like hotels.
Tools Needed for Hanging Prepasted Wallpaper
To hang prepasted wallpaper, you will need the following tools:
- A sharp utility knife
- A straight edge (a ruler or a level)
- A pen or pencil
- A bucket of clean water
- A sponge
- A plumb line or a laser level
- A wallpaper brush or roller
- A step ladder
If you have never hung wallpaper before, it is recommended that you practise on a piece of scrap paper before starting on your wall. This will let you know how much water to use and how to apply it evenly.
Read More: Ways to Use Wallpaper in a Living Room
Preparation Steps Before Hanging
Hanging pictures and other wall décor is a great way to personalise your space and make it feel like home. But there are a few things you should consider before you begin nailing your walls.preparation steps you should take to make sure things go smoothly.
First, decide on the arrangement of your pictures and another decor. This will help you determine how many nails you need and where to place them. Next, gather your supplies, including a hammer, nails, a level, and a measuring tape. Mark the locations on the wall where your nails will go once you have everything. Then, using a level, make sure the nails are even before hammering them into the wall. Finally, hang your pictures and enjoy your new wall décor!
Step-by-Step Guide to Hanging Prepasted Wallpaper
I am here to tell you the full procedure to prepasted wallpaper procedure step by step. You will need the following supplies:
- Prepasted wallpaper
- Wallpaper tray
- Measuring tape
- Start by measuring the wall you will be hanging the wallpaper on. Make sure to measure the width and height of the wall, so you know how much wallpaper you will require.
- Cut the wallpaper to the appropriate size using scissors. Make sure the cut is straight so the wallpaper will hang evenly on the wall.
- Fill the wallpaper tray with the paste.
- Dip the prepasted wallpaper into the paste. Make sure the entire strip of wallpaper is coated with the paste.
- Starting at the top corner and working your way down, hang the wallpaper.
- To remove wrinkles, use the roller.
- Cut away extra paper and brush away any crumbs.
- Finish the left and right sides of each strip with moulding.
Common Misconducts to Avoid When Hanging Prepasted Wallpaper
- Skipping the priming step if you’re applying prepasted wallpaper, you don’t need an adhesive primer because it already has an adhesive applied to the back, but you still need a size or stir-in primer to size your walls. This is necessary to help the wallpaper stick to the wall and stay sustainable. When people skip this step, they run into trouble because the wallpaper needs to be more adhesive and can start to peel.
- Using too little water when activating the adhesive on prepasted wallpaper, you need to use enough water to ensure the adhesive is activated; however, using too much water can over-saturate the wallpaper. This is the most common reason prepasted wallpaper comes off the wall. Depending on the prepasted wallpaper you’re using, sometimes you can soak it before even hanging it to ensure the adhesive is fully activated.
- Not smoothing the paper This is one of the reasons prepasted wallpaper heads by the time you’re done applying it to the wall. If you don’t properly smooth out the wallpaper
Cleaning and Maintenance Tips for Prepasted Wallpaper
If you’ve decided to add wallpaper to your home, you have a few different options in terms of material. One popular option is prepasted wallpaper which already has an adhesive applied to its back side.It’s easy to install this type of wallpaper and it can be a great option for do-it-yourselfers.
Once you’ve installed your prepasted wallpaper, you’ll need to know how to care for it. Here are a few tips on cleaning and taking care of your prepasted wallpaper:
Avoid getting the wallpaper wet. If you get it wet, blot the area dry with a clean cloth.
Dust the wallpaper regularly with a soft, dry cloth.
If you need to remove stains, use a mild soap and water solution. Apply the solution to a dry and clean cloth and blot the stained area gently. It might be necessary to rinse an area with water before dabbing it dry with a fresh cloth.
Read More: Wallpaper Trends 2023
Alternatives to Prepasted Wallpaper
- Contact paper: This is a good alternative to prepasted wallpaper because it is self-adhesive, and the contact paper is also easy to apply and available in various colours and patterns.
- Fabric: Fabric can be glued or stapled to the wall to create a unique look. Fabric is available in various colours and patterns and can be easily changed if you get bored of the look.
- Paint: Paint is a good alternative to prepasted wallpaper because it is relatively inexpensive and can be easily changed if you want a colour change. Paint is available in multiple colours and there are various ways to apply it for creating a unique look.
- Tile Tile is a good alternative to prepasted wallpaper because it is durable and easy to clean. Tile is available in a number of colours and can be applied in various patterns to create a unique look.
We hope you enjoyed this article about hanging prepasted wallpaper. We know prepasted wallpaper can be a big pain to hang, but it doesn’t have to be difficult! With some prep work and the right materials, you’ll have the perfect wallpaper treatment in no time. Contact us if you have any queries about prepasted wallpaper or any other wallpaper.